Let us come to you
More cost effective and fuel efficient than hauling snow for disposal, our state of art on-site Trecan Snow Melter can save you 50% of more on snow disposal. An alternative to trucking snow, the ability to melt snow onsite saves you time and money by eliminating trucks and turn around times.
Trecan Snowmelter Facts
- Does not use salt, one of the largest pollutants in traditional snow removal, corroding vehicles and buildings and harming roadside vegetation.
- The water leaving the snowmelter is usually cleaner than the snow entering the machine.
- Melt water can be discharged to either storm or sanitary sewer, depending on the customer and local regulations.
- There is approximately 240 gallons of water generated per 1 short ton of snow melted.
- Most of the sediment (typically sand or grit) is trapped in the snowmelter melting tank. If the sediment is light or fine enough to stay in suspension in the water, then this sediment can leave with the water. The heavier sediment is picked up by the city street-sweeping vehicles or the vacuum trucks that clean out the storm sewers.
- With the standard noise suppression package option, people working outside the Snowmelter can quite comfortably talk to each other.